What's our secret? Great people.
Research and Development
Her research is mainly focused the role of chromatin modifiers (in particular histone deacetylases) in carcinogenesis and in immune modulation.
Research and Development
Education / Training
Degree in Biological Sciences – University of Naples “Federico II”
PhD in Pathology of cellular signal transduction – University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli”
My current research focuses on the characterization of molecular processes and related alterations responsible for pathogenesis and tumor progression. Over the years, my research has focused also on multidisciplinary approaches ranging from molecular biology, physics to the study of marine-derived secondary metabolites/drugs.
1) role of chromatin modifiers in carcinogenesis and on the identification of new epigenetic drugs able to reverse epigenetic aberrations in cancer;
2) screening and identification of epigenetic compounds and hybrid drugs in tumour and normal systems;
3) Study and creation of genetically engineered models to reproduce HDAC-defected cancer models in particular, of HDAC2 (loss, gain of function and mutation);
4) molecular characterization of HDAC2 aberrations related to the immune system in leukemia and solid tumors;
5) epigenetic therapy of the HDAC2 gene in colon cancer;
6) molecular mechanisms of miRNAs in the epigenetic regulation of cancer;
7) cancer immunoediting;
8) study of DNA and protein interactions.
Position, employment and honors
March 2007 IGBMC (Genetic and Molecular and Cellular Biology of Strasbourg)- Generation of Retroviruses as vectors for the expression of transgenes (EPITRON grant)
2007 Scholarship holder: “Study of the role of chromatin remodeling in leukaemia: “Characterization of target gene alterations and the action of epigenetic modulators
2007-2010 PhD student in Pathology of cellular signal transduction: HDAC2 gene silencing study in the U937 acute myeloid leukemia- University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli “
2010-2013 Research fellow; Characterization of new chromatin immunoprecipitation methods for the study of
transcription factors with high-trough put techniques “- University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli “
2013 Training concerning new epigenetic drugs against cancer, neurodegeneration and cardiovascular diseases-
University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli “
2014 Specific and General training course for workers. Course carried out in collaboration with EBSiL – Bilateral Body for Safety at Work of SMEs – Category ATECO K. Naples
2014-2016 Research fellow: function and action of epigenetic modulators as drugs against cancer and ther human diseases founded on PRIN 2012, for the scientific disciplinary sector SSD: MED / 04- University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli “
2016-2019 Researcher at IRCCS SDN Institute for Diagnostic and Nuclear Research- Study of the role played by chromatin modifiers in carcinogenesis and the identification of new epigenetic drugs able to restore epigenetic aberrations in cancer
2019-2010 Teaching activity of the PhD course in Translational Medicine- Theoretical and practical course: “Cancer Epigenetics and Immunotherapy”- University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli”